The following is not an exhaustive list, but studies have shown the following benefits for silica:
- Silica is the principal contributor to the synthesis of collagen and elastin, leading to skin growth and elasticity.
- A crucial component of healthy and strong hair in the form of increasing hair shaft follicle thickness.
- A factor in the chain of development of cartilage.
- An enabler of calcium mineralization which then leads to improving a condition of excessive calcium loss as in bone spurs or calcium deficiency, osteoporosis, or weak finger/toenails.
- An enabler in bone composition leading to increased flexibility in the bones. This is a derivative of calcium absorption referenced above.
- A major constituent in the heart, arteries, and lungs regarding maintaining healthy connective tissue and organs.
- A factor in increased nervous system signaling/firing of impulses.
- A binder with heavy metals as in aluminum, which extracts the same from the body.